MEDICAL INSTRUMENTS CARE AND HANDLING
Instruments Care and Handling
- Medical Tools Instruments last for years with proper care and handling. Please use these guidelines for all stainless steel instruments.
- Brand new instruments should be cleaned prior to first sterilization.
- Contaminated instruments should be processed as soon as possible.
- Stubborn protein particles can be removed with a scrub brush. Never use steel wool, abrasives or an acid rinse.
- Open joints on instruments prior to preparation
- Do not use multipurpose detergents to wash or soak instruments. Instead, use a low-suds detergent specifically designed for instruments. The pH should never be higher than 8. When using ultrasonic, a detergent with a pH of 6, 7 or 8.
- Lubrication is vital to a long instrument life.
- Avoid silicone lubricants because the